Christopher Wormald Prize
The Christopher Wormald Prize is awarded to an exceptional graduate student to recognise research undertaken within the broad remit of the conference. The prize is offered in honour of Christopher J. Wormald, recognising his outstanding contribution to the Thermodynamics Conference Series (TCS).
- The call is open to current PhD students and those who have completed their PhDs after 15 Feb 2021. The date of the PhD thesis Viva is regarded as the official completion date.
- The prize will be awarded based on research work that the candidate has undertaken as a part of their PhD study.
- Entries must be in the form of a candidate’s CV, including a detailed list of scientific publications, an extended abstract (max four A4 pages), and a letter of recommendation from the candidate’s PhD supervisor or a similarly placed individual. The letter of recommendation should describe the extent of the candidate’s original contribution.
- Entries should be submitted by email to the Thermodynamics 2024 e-mail (email@example.com) as one singe PDF file before 31 March 2024. These documents must be combined into a single pdf file with a maximum size of BPDF files.
- The Scientific Committee will select the winning entry. The criteria will be based on the quality and originality of the work entered.
- The winner will be awarded a prize and will be invited to present a paper on the topic of their winning entry at the Thermodynamics 2024 conference